Bronwyn Harris shares stories about students who were incredible, some of whom aren’t in our classrooms and some of whom are, on episode 148 of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast.
Quotes from the episode
These were all kids who had voices … but I wanted to amplify their voice.
Kids will live up or down to your expectations.
If we start thinking of all kids as our kids, things are going to be much better.
- Literally Unbelievable by Bronwyn Harris*
- Serial Podcast
- Urban Promise Academy – Oakland
- Kevin Gannon on TIHE Episode #52, “Students aren’t our adversaries.”
- This American Life #562 and #563: “The Problem We All Live With”
- Literally Unbelievable by Bronwyn Harris *
- Donors Choose
Are You Enjoying the Show?
- Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
- Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
- Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.