On today’s episode, Dr. Carl Moore and I have a dialog about proactive inclusivity.
Guest: Dr. Carl Moore
Dr. Moore is currently an Associate Professor and Director of the Research Academy for Integrated Learning (RAIL) at University of DC. Prior to his current role he served as an adjunct assistant professor in the College of Education as well as the Director of the Teaching and Learning Center at Temple University. More
There are stages in which a person can honestly, truly feel [colorblind], but I do think that there is something to be said about honoring and respecting differences.
I have a strong sense of ethnic identity, but also a strong sense of identity of the mainstream majority, [as] an American.
- Chronicle article: How the Teacher’s Race Affects the Teaching of Race
- StartUp Podcast Episode #019 – Diversity Report
- ZotPress Wordpress plugin
- Contemplative awareness exercises
- Insight Timer app
- The New Jim Crow* by Michelle Alexander
- Oneness* by Rasha
- Teaching in Today's Inclusive Classrooms* by Richard M. Gargiulo
Are You Enjoying the Show?
- Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
- Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
- Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.