Quotes from the episode
A real tech win to me is a device that both enhances the student experience and also reduces friction.
Think very carefully about what will enhance the learning of the people watching the presentation.
When we adopt technology, there are are two considerations: how valuable it is and how much friction is it going to introduce.
- Teddy was on: Mac Power Users 383 and Mac Power Users 319
- Bonni was on: Mac Power Users 240 (workflow segment)
- Slide Docs via Nancy Duarte
- Slideuments via Garr Reyolds
- Apple Watch
- Poll Everywhere
- Simpsons – Star Wipes
- Example of one way Teddy used animations in explaining sampling distributions: deriving likelihoods
- Slideology* by Nancy Duarte
- Teddy’s post: In Praise of Goodnotes
- More from Teddy on Live Annotation of Student Work with Goodnotes
- Teddy’s post: A Good Day to Keynote Hard
- Apple Pencil
- Surface Pro*
- Surface Pen
- Doug McKee’s post: Teaching Online with Zoom, Duet Display, and PDF Expert
Are You Enjoying the Show?
Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.