- GTD Posts from Robert Talbert
- Let Yourself Be Unproductive, at Least for a Little While, by Peter Bregman
- Three steps for saying “no” without making it personal, by Judith Humprey in FastCompany
- Saying “No” with Grace, by Jocelyn K. Glei
- Charles Darwin And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, by Robert Krulwich
- From FOMO to JOMO - The Joy of Missing Out, by Anne-Laure Le Cunff
- Just Refusal, by Kate Bowles
- The Checklist Manifesto, by Atul Gawande
- Use Checklists to Teach More Effectively and Efficiently (blog post)
- The Power of Checklists (podcast episode)
- Checklist for Class Planning Efficiency
- Canvas - How do I use the to-do list for all my courses in the List View dashboard as a student?
- Canvas - How do I use the To-Do list and sidebar in the Dashboard as an instructor?
- Stand By Me list on Twitter (People who embody the song: Stand by Me for higher ed educators)
- The Skillful Teacher: On Technique, Trust, and Responsiveness in the Classroom (3e), by Stephen Brookfield
- Becoming a Critically Reflective Teacher (2e), by Stephen Brookfield
- Brené Brown on Anxiety, Calm + Over/Under-Functioning (podcast episode)
PUBLISHED JANUARY 22, 2020
ONLINE AND OFFLINE PROFESSOR
The Productive Online Professor offers approaches to help us have more peace in our lives and be more present for our students. Those who teach in higher education have to regularly shift contexts quickly and have competing priorities. This practical guide helps us fulfill our roles with excellence and joy while managing other priorities in our personal and professional lives. It aims to reduce the friction in the way we approach our work, yet recognizes we have individual differences in what will work best. See the list of productivity tools mentioned in the book.
JOIN OVER 5,000 EDUCATORS
Receive a free Educational Technology Essentials Guide,
weekly teaching blog and podcast show notes.