John Stewart shares how he uses Open Educational Resources (OER) in his teaching on episode 125 of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast.
Quotes from the episode
Any time you’re doing experimental work, you can anticipate some of the problems, but not all of them.
Laziness at the faculty level hasn’t been invented recently.
It surprised me what amount of control of the course that faculty cede to the textbook industry.
Think about how you can take the time both for yourself and for your students to share what you’re doing.
- John Stewart’s Digital Projects
- Very Bad Wizards Episode #99
- After Newton
- OU Create
- Rezzly (used to be called 3D Game Lab)
- MERLOT II
- eXperience Play
- The State of Play*
- The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl*
- Advice: Think about how you can take the time both for yourself and for your students to share what you’re doing.