Eddie Watson shares about assessing the impact of open educational resources on episode 186 of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast.
- Episode 137 – Eddie talked about Teaching Naked Techniques
- Teaching Naked Techniques: A Practical Guide to Designing Better Classes by Antonio Bowen and C. Edward Watson*
- OpenStax at Rice University
- National Survey of Student Engagement
- Chemistry – OpenStax
- U.S. History – OpenStax
- Salt Lake Community College’s research: Open Educational Resources and Student Course Outcomes: A Multilevel Analysis by Jessie R Winitzky-Stephens and Jason Pickavance
- 2018 Annual Meeting: Can Higher Education Recapture the Elusive American Dream? Watson, C. E., Domizi, D., & Clouser, S. A. (2017).
- Student and faculty perceptions of OpenStax in high enrollment courses International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning, 18(5), 287-304.
Are You Enjoying the Show?
Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.