Jose Bowen reveals Teaching Naked Techniques on episode #136 of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast.
Quotes from the episode
Good teaching always starts with what matters to your students.
What I really want is for my students to all find their own voice.
This is going to be challenging … and I know you can do it.
Students learn more when they believe the teacher cares about learning.
- Episode #030 with Jose Bowen on Teaching Naked
- Teaching Naked Techniques* by Jose Bowen and C. Edward Watson
Make It Stick: The Science of Successful Learning* by Jose Bowen and C. Edward Watson
- The New Science of Learning: How to Live in Harmony with Your Brain* by Terry Doyle, Todd Zakrajsek, and Jeannie H. Loeb
- S.W.E.E.T (sleep, water, eating, exercise, and time)
- A video about implicit bias: Peanut Butter, Jelly, and Racism from the New York Times
- Have more empathy, more listening, and less judgment.
Are You Enjoying the Show?
Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.