Kevin Gannon discusses Radical Hope – A Teaching Manifesto on Teaching in Higher Ed #112.
If I want my students to take risks and not be afraid to fail, then I need to take risks and not be afraid to fail.
Teaching is a radical act of hope.
We work with the future, and that’s a really incredible responsibility.
- Episode 052: Respect in the Classroom
- Moonwalking with Einstein* by Joshua Foer
- Blog: Radical Hope – A Teaching Manifesto
- Blog: Radical Hope – A Teaching Manifesto (Hypothes.is annotated version)
- APM Marketplace podcast
- Pedagogy of the Oppressed* by Paulo Freire
- Reconnect with whatever was transformative for you.
Are You Enjoying the Show?
- Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
- Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
- Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.