Play in new window | Download | Transcript
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | How do I listen to a podcast?
Todd Zakrajsek speaks about developing metacognition skills in our students.
Todd Zakrajsek, Ph.D.
- Todd's two unusually low grades in college
- Our brain as a smart phone
- Working out our brains
- Music, sleep, and exercise
Help students draw less cognitive energy on exams by giving them a preview of what it will be like to take a test in your class
Anytime you're surprised, stop and think about why you were surprised and what just happened.
- Attend one of the Lilly Conferences
- Read one of Todd's books
- The New Science of Learning: How to Learn in Harmony with Your Brain
- Learner-centered Teaching: Putting the Research on Learning into Practice
- Todd agrees to come back to Teaching in Higher Ed later this year to share about his new book: Teaching for Learning: 101 Intentionally Designed Education Activities to Put Students on the Path to Success
Leave a Reply