Quotes from the episode
I hope students realize that I’m learning too, and I’m willing to grow and change and adapt.
— Dave Stachowiak
Is there anything worthwhile you can glean from this [evaluation] that can make you a better teacher?
— Bonni Stachowiak
- Betsy Barre talks about Research on Course Evaluations in Episode #089
- The Lean Startup* by Eric Ries
- On Grief and Grieving: Finding the Meaning of Grief Through the Five Stages of Loss* by Elisabeth Kübler-Ross and David Kessler
- Becoming a Critically Reflective Teacher* by Stephen Brookfield
- Stephen Brookfield’s Critical Incident Questionnaire
- Gardner Campell’s APGAR for Class Meetings
- Keep a digital and a physical encouragement folder and use them, liberally.
- Use the Stop-Start-Continue model to get feedback from students.
Are You Enjoying the Show?
Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.