Dave Stachowiak and Bonni Stachowiak talk about rethinking assessment and other reflections on the Lilly Conference on episode 142 of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast.
Quotes from the episode
Curiosity is one of our most deeply rooted mechanisms by which we learn.
These experiences give people a different view of themselves.
We don’t give students opportunities to experience and reflect on how the curriculum is part of them and how they are affecting it.
- Bonni Stachowiak’s and Naomi Kasa’s Lilly Conference Presentation
- TIHE 65: Teaching Lessons from Pixar
- Specifications Grading by Linda B. Nilson*
- TIHE 29: Specifications Grading
- ”An update on the specifications grading process” by Robert Talbert
- TIHE 101: Public Sphere Pedagogy with Thia Wolf
- Stephen Brookfield’s slides from his talk: ”Five Forms of Becoming a Teacher”
Are You Enjoying the Show?
- Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
- Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
- Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.