Maha Bali shares about collaboration.
The reason virtual collaboration works really well is that there’s usually no hierarchy with the person you’re working with. —Maha Bali
If you want your students to collaborate, the main role of the educator is to provide them with something where collaboration is valuable. —Maha Bali
Virtually collaborating brings the conversations to people who can’t be there in person. —Maha Bali
If you want to keep learning, I think collaboration is necessary because you need to learn from somebody and with somebody. —Maha Bali
- Rhizomatic learning
- The MOOC that community built
- Soundtrack to the collaborative play
- Virtually Connecting
- MLA Commons: Digital Pedagogy in the Humanities (Concepts, models, and experiments)
- MLA Commons: Collaboration Keyword
- Maggie Rogers, NYU student, sharing her story and her music with Pharrell Williams (artist-in-residence at NYU)
Are You Enjoying the Show?
- Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
- Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
- Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.