Bonni Stachowiak shares community members’ recommendations on episode 150 of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast.
Quotes from the episode
- James Lang recommends What the Best College Teachers Do by Ken Bain*
- Beth Cougler-Blom recommends Coursera’s Learning How to Learn course from Barbara Oakley
- Isabeau Iqbal recommends FitnessBlender
- Linda Oakleaf recommends The Complete Idiot's Guide to Teaching College by Anthony D. Fredericks *
- Steven Michaels recommends the Teaching in Higher Ed Slack Group
- Ken Bain recommends Small Teaching: Everyday Lessons from the Science of Learning by James M. Lang*
- VoiceThread (unofficial recommendation)
Are You Enjoying the Show?
- Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
- Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
- Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.