Dustin Bakkie shares how to integrate effective study methods, learning tools, and personal management techniques as a part of your curriculum.
Guest: Dustin Bakkie
Lecturer at California State University, Chico
The best time to learn something is right as you’re about to forget it.
A lot of the time, students are just looking for someone who is on their side.
Dustin’s effectiveness equations
- Book: Deep Work* by Cal Newport
- Coaching for Leaders podcast episode 233: Engage in Deep Work, with Cal Newport
- Thomas Frank’s Collegeinfogeek.com
- Leitner Review System
- App: Anki flashcards
- App: Attendance2*
Check out Playing for Change
Are You Enjoying the Show?
- Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
- Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
- Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.