Quotes from the episode
Play is not a synonym for fun.
Our ability to change our minds … is very important.
Just because a research article has been finished and put out there … doesn’t mean the conversation is over.
- On Being: Science of Mindlessness and Mindfulness, with Ellen Langer
- Remi’s recent keynote about leadership, equity and creativity for Metropolitan State University’s 2017 Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium
- Theatre of the Oppressed
- Digital Pedagogy Lab
- ThinqStudio at the University of Colorado Denver
- Episode 75 of the Very Bad Wizards podcast
- “Overconfidence is really associated with a failure of imagination. When you cannot imagine an alternative to your belief, you are convinced that your belief is true.” – Daniel Kahneman
- Thinking, Fast and Slow* by Daniel Kahneman
- On Being: Why We Contradict Ourselves and Confound Each Other, with Daniel Kahneman
- Ignorance: How it Drives Science* by Stuart Firestein
- Mosaic Web Browser
- Educator Innovator
- Marginal Syllabus
- Writing Our Civic Futures
- Remi’s Research: Educator Learning and Open Web Annotation
- Alan Levine — DS106 community — Net Narratives class (with the do not click in the upper right hamburger menu)
- Remi’s presentation at DML with other sources of inspiration (which Bonni mentioned)
- Juan Pablo Alperin
Are You Enjoying the Show?
Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.