Quotes from the episode
Are there ways we could be accountable for the things we value most?
If we’re going to double down on outcomes-based assessment, are we going to end up designing learning for only the things that can be measured?
Accept the vulnerability that allows for openness in learning.
Teaching has to adjust and adapt.
- TIHE episode with Laura Gogia: Connected Learning for the Curious
- Exploring Meaningful Measures of Accountability
- TIHE 007: Personal knowledge mastery
- TIHE Article: My Updated Personal Knowledge Management System
- W. Brian Arthur
- Keynote Speech: Combining Complexity Theory with Narrative Research with David Snowdon
- Harvard Business Review: A Leader’s Framework for Decision Making
- Santa Fe Institute: Complex Adaptive Systems
- Cynefin Framework
- Davidson Digital Learning R + D
Are You Enjoying the Show?
Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.