Today’s guest, Dr. McClain Watson, at University of Texas at Dallas, advocates for the importance of our students being able to: “ convince people in the professional world that they 1) know what they’re doing, 2) can be trusted, and 3) are interesting to be around?” On today’s episode: Professional Online Portfolios.
Guest: McClain Watson
Clinical Associate Professor, Director of Business Communication Programs Organizations, Strategy and International Management
- Episode 101: Public sphere pedagogy with Thia Wolf
- Going public with our learning
- What are POPs?
- A Domain of One’s Own on UMW site
- University of Wisconsin – Stout rubric for assessment e-portfolios
Are You Enjoying the Show?
- Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
- Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
- Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.