Quotes from the episode
What is invisible to me about my teaching that could be better?
I had taught my students to devalue their work.
Open is not the opposite of private.
How do we need to build it differently to get different participation?
- This American Life – Episode 511: The Seven Things You’re Not Supposed to Talk About
- Bryan Alexander’s Podcast Favorites
- Jesse Stommel
- Sean Michael Morris
- Is Back to School Night Still Relevant? by Malikah Nu-Man Liks
- Look for friction points in your class regularly and persist in trying to find better ways of facilitating learning.
- Visitors and Residents by David White
- Visitors and Residents Mapping Activity by David White
Are You Enjoying the Show?
Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.