Sarah Rose Cavanagh shares about The Spark of Learning: Energizing the College Classroom with the Science of Emotion* on episode #135 of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast.
- Caring isn’t Coddling by Sarah Rose Cavanagh
- VALUE rubrics from the Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Planet Money Episode 216: How Four Drinking Buddies Saved Brazil
- Minds on Fire: How Role-Immersion Games Transform College* by Mark C. Carnes
- Episode 21: Minds on Fire with Marc Carnes
- Small Teaching: Everyday Lessons from the Science of Learning* by James Lang
- Interview with Andrew Wiles: What does it feel like to do maths? (discovered via John Dickerson on the Political Gabfest)
- Curious: The Desire to Know and Why Your Future Depends On It* by Ian Leslie
- Wired to Create: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Creative Mind* by Scott Barry Kaufman
- Emotions, Learning, and the Brain: Exploring the Educational Implications of Affective Neuroscience* by Mary Helen Immordino-Yang
Are You Enjoying the Show?
Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.