Quotes from the episode
Always try to create those cross-silo engagements.
Before we can all learn together, we have to be nice and good to one another.
If you have a new piece of technology in your class … let everybody play with it.
To learn to take another person’s perspective is something that will transcend whatever content you’re trying to teach.
- Club Penguin
- Dungeons and Dragons
- World of Warcraft
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Autotelic – to do something for the love of it
- Bonnie Cramond
- Leisure and Human Development by Douglas A. Kleiber and Francis A. McGuire
- Bonni’s never-used 7 Habits badges
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey*
- Man, Play and Games by Roger Caillois*
- Bonni’s keynote at UGA 2017 Innovation in Teaching Conference
- HP Reveal (formerly Aurasma )
- 2018 Innovation in Teaching Conference at University of Georgia’s College of Education on October 19
Are You Enjoying the Show?
Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.