James Lang interviews Ken Bain about motivation in the classroom on episode 146 of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast.
Quotes from the episode
It’s the question that the goal entails that becomes so driving for the students.
Students are most likely to take a deep approach to their learning when they’re trying to answer questions.
Teach less, better.
We are currently interested in certain questions because we were once interested in another question.
- James Lang was previously on Teaching in Higher Ed on:
- Ken Bain was previously on Teaching in Higher Ed on:
- Small Teaching* by James Lang
- Ken’s books *
- James’s books*
- Remember: we’re never alone in this.
Ken Bain and James Lang
- James’s recommendation: The Distracted Mind by Adam Gazzaley
- Ken’s Recommendation: The Best Teacher’s Institute has 10-12 additional slots in the program for June 20-22.
Are You Enjoying the Show?
- Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
- Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
- Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.